8/26/2014

The perfect time to start a project

[​IMG] 
Now is not the perfect time to read this. In fact it is easy to say that there is no such thing as a ‘perfect time’, but in talking with many successful business owners, the ‘perfect time’ has become something that fascinates me.

It actually seems that there are two perfect times to start new projects.

Perfect time 1 – In the past. Pretty universally, people seem to agree that whatever current project they are considering starting (new business, product launch, writing a book, having a kid, buying a house) should’ve been done earlier. This is good to know. If everyone is in agreement that they should have done things earlier then there is a conclusion or two we can draw from that.

Perfect time 2 – In six months. Again, pretty universally, we all seem to believe that we will have more time for the new project in about six months.

I need to put my hand up to this. I have to admit that I have spent the best part of two decades of business ownership genuinely believing that I would be less busy in six month’s time. Even as I write this I am quite sure that once I have got a few big projects off my plate, I will have more spare time in the future.

I do genuinely believe it, yet I am also acutely aware that in nearly 20 years that situation has never come to pass.


“The test of first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald

I’ve spoken to a lot of successful people and the good news is, that like us, they too share the belief that they should have started sooner. Reassuringly, most successful people I know also share the belief, however delusional, that they will have more spare time in six months. But here is the big distinction:

They don’t wait. They start it today.

They get started despite everything else that’s going on. Despite the fact it was absolutely not the perfect time.

This article has been in my head for too long. If I wait another six months, I might write a better article, but the irony is not lost on me and now you are reading it.

What can you start on right now? This minute. Get it started.

In six months time you will realize that today was the perfect time.

Callum Laing has started, built, bought and sold half a dozen businesses in a range of industries across two continents. He is the owner of Fitness-Buffet, a company delivering employee wellness solutions in 11 countries, and he is also the CEO of Entrevo Asia, a company that runs the 40 week Growth Accelerator program ‘Key Person of Influence’. Visit his website at www.CallumLaing.com.

The post The perfect time to start a project appeared first on Tech in Asia.

Source: grossiste en ligne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Download Movies on iPhone for Free? Learn the Best Way

1. Top 5 Free Websites to Download Movies for iPhone Below we have detailed some of the best and legal websites that allow you to download m...